Emma Mary Elliott
(1835 - 1931)
BirthShe was usually called Granny Kemp. She was born on 17 October 1835 in London, EnglandG.1,2,3 She was the daughter of George Elliott and Frances Gibson.1,2,4 As of 10 November 1856 her married name was Kemp.5,1
DeathShe died at age 96 on 12 December 1931 in Coonamble District Hospital, Coonamble, AustraliaG. The official cause of death was "broncho-pneumonia" and "senility".1,2 She was buried on 13 December 1931 in CofE Cemetery, Coonamble, AustraliaG.1
MarriageShe married William Isaac Kemp on 10 November 1856 in Montefiore, Wellington, AustraliaG. Both bride and groom signed with a mark. He lived at Duck Creek, Bligh District. She lived at (Heellobe?). Several columns of the MC are left blank, including all details of parents.5,1,2
Children of Emma Mary Elliott and William Isaac Kemp
- William Kemp1,2 (circa 1857 - before 1931)
- Frances Kemp+8,9,1,2 (1859 - 1943)
- Emily Kemp+1 (1861 - after 1931)
- Elizabeth Kemp1 (1861 - before 1931)
- George Kemp1 (circa 1863 - after 1931)
- Lucy Kemp1 (1864 - before 1931)
- Alfred Frederick Kemp1 (circa 1865 - after 1931)
- Henry Isaac Kemp1 (1867 - before 1931)
- James Kemp1 (1868 - after 1931)
- Sydney Edward Kemp1 (1869 - 1954)
- Ada Louise Kemp1 (1872 - before 1931)
- Herbert Ernest Kemp1 (circa 1873 - after 1931)
- Amy Laura Kemp1 (circa 1875 - before 1931)
- Marita May Kemp1 (1877 - after 1931)
- Clarinda Mary Kemp1 (circa 1879 - after 1931)
- Edith J Kemp1 (1881 - after 1931)
Life event details
- [S206] Death Certificate for Emma Kemp, 019973/1931, NSW Registry of Births Deaths and Marriages, 14 Dec 1931.
- [S217] Research Report, Kemp Family Group Sheets, Lorraine Voigt, 29 Jan 1991, Fleming Family History Archive held by Jim Fleming, A16810826.
- [S96] Birth Certificate for Sydney Edward Kemp, 10207/1869, NSW Registry of Births Deaths and Marriages, 9 December 1869.
- [S396] Death Certificate for Frances Pirie, 3353/1870, NSW Registry of Births Deaths and Marriages, 12 January 1870.
- [S77] Marriage Certificate for William Kemp and Emma Elliott, Number 10, Volume 1856, NSW Registry of Births Deaths and Marriages, 10 November 1856.
- [S225] Joan McKenzie, Gibson's Way, Joan McKenzie, 24 Zoccoli Street Coonamble NSW 2829, 1993.
- [S224] Government Deposit Journal, Frances Gibson and children, Colonial Secretary, 1854, Archives Office of NSW, Archives Office of NSW.
- [S41] Death Certificate for Frances Gardner, 496/1943, NSW Registry of Births Deaths and Marriages, 10 May 1943.
- [S87] Birth Certificate for Frances Kemp, 9942, NSW Registry of Births Deaths and Marriages, 15 August 1859.
|Family forebears chart|
Isaac Kemp's descendants