Ivy May Josephine Bowen1
(1889 - 1940)
BirthHer married name was Williams. Ivy was born on 14 November 1889 in Bourke, AustraliaG.2,3 She was the daughter of John Henry Bowen and Alice Clarkson Poulton.4,3
Family surnameFor more information about the Bowen surname click here.
DeathAt the age of 50 Ivy May Josephine Bowen died on 5 March 1940 in Bourke, AustraliaG. Halvene Therese Kessey recalls that her (Great) Aunt Ivy died when she and (Ivy's son) Joe Williams were about 5 years old. She recalls that the extended family was grouped together in the kitchen and a number were crying. Joe and Halvene were sitting on the step. Halvene said to Joe "Why are they crying". He replied "Mum died". Halvene recalls that Aunt Ivy was suffering high blood pressure and that Halvene's mother (Ena Ruby Murphy) thought that Ivy was "swinging the lead".5,6 She was buried on 6 March 1940 in Bourke Cemetery, Bourke, AustraliaG.6
MarriageShe married James Henry Williams.
Children of Ivy May Josephine Bowen and James Henry Williams
Life event details
- [S218] Research Report, BDM information, Bruce Fleming, Fleming Family History Archive held by Jim Fleming, A20000101.
- [S186] Death Certificate for Mary Murphy, 04301/1879, NSW Registry of Births Deaths and Marriages, unknown file date.
- [S220] Oral History provided by Ena Ruby Murphy to Halvene Therese Kessey, 1983. Fleming Family History Archive held by Jim Fleming.
- [S204] Death Certificate for Alice Clarkson Bowen, 022759/1927, NSW Registry of Births Deaths and Marriages, 28 Nov 1927.
- [S221] Oral History provided by Halvene Therese Kessey to Reginald Bruce Fleming.
- [S325] Gravestone for Ivy May Josephine Williams, unknown location, recorded by unknown reader, Bourke Cemetery.
- [S315] Portrait of Bowen family.
|Martin Bohen's descendants|
John Poulton's descendants