Matthew Alexander Taylor
d. after 17 November 1852
Matthew Alexander Taylor was born in Scotland.1
Matthew Alexander Taylor and Mary Connell were married on 8 October 1858 at Tollcross Manse in Tollcross.2 He and Elizabeth Campbell were married on 2 March 1880 at St Luke's Parish in 48 Green Street. They had both been married previously. Both her father (the late Daniel Campbell) and her first husband (the late Alexander McDowall) had been spirit merchants, a profession that Matthew Taylor assumed after the marriage.3
- On 30 March 1851 Matthew Alexander Taylor was a coal miner at Clyde Ironworks in Old Monkland.4
- On 21 April 1865 Matthew Alexander Taylor was a miner at Tollcross in Glasgow.5
- On 2 March 1880 Matthew Alexander Taylor was a spirit salesman at 328 Rutherglen Road in Glasgow.3
On 6 June 1841 they resided with parent (Charles Taylor, collier) in Old Monkland, Lanark, Scotland.6 On 30 March 1851 they resided with parent (Charles Taylor, coal miner) in Old Monkland, Lanark, Scotland. The family of 54-year-old coal miner Alexander Taylor (with a wife and 5 children) lived next door. He may have been Charles' brother or uncle.4 Matthew Alexander Taylor lived at Mud Row, Clyde Ironworks, in Old Monkland, Lanark, Scotland, on 8 October 1858, collier.2 He lived at Fullerton in Old Monkland, Lanark, Scotland, on 7 April 1861, coal miner.7 He lived at 332 Caltongate in Glasgow, Lanark, Scotland, on 3 April 1881, spirit merchant.8 He lived at 123 Green Street in Glasgow, Lanark, Scotland, on 5 April 1891, spirit merchant.9
Matthew Alexander Taylor died after 17 November 1852.1
- [S426] Baptismal Record: Fleming, Angus, Vol 4449, (17 Nov 1852), General Register Office, Scotland
- [S1003] Marriage Certificate, Matthew Taylor and Mary Connell, 8 Oct 1858, National Records of Scotland, Edinburgh. 644/2 177.
- [S1043] Marriage Certificate, Matthew Taylor and Elizabeth Campbell, 2 Mar 1880, National Records of Scotland, Edinburgh. 644/4 59.
- [S1000] Charles Taylor, 30 Mar 1851 Census UK, Edinburgh, Clyde Ironworks, Public Record Office, 652/1/23.
- [S527] Birth Certificate Vol 1865 No 121 in Old Monkland, Matthew Taylor Fleming, (3 May 1865), General Register Office, Scotland.
- [S998] Charles Taylor, 6 Jun 1841 Census UK, Edinburgh, Old Monkland, Public Record Office, 652/1/15.
- [S1004] Matthew Taylor, 7 Apr 1861 Census UK, Edinburgh, Fullerton, Public Record Office, 625/1 2/2.
- [S1044] Matthew Taylor, 3 April 1881 Census, Edinburgh, Glasgow, National Records of Scotland, 644/4 17/12.
- [S1045] Matthew Taylor, 5 April 1891 Census, Edinburgh, Glasgow, National Records of Scotland, 644/4 24/8.