Sarah Jane Howard
b. 9 November 1849, d. 4 May 1922
Sarah Jane Howard was born on 9 November 1849 in Brisbane.1
Martin, John, and Mary, 's child, resided with, in Byron, NSW, Australia, in December 1856. They lived in a tiny hut, later described as a gunyah by Mr Borthwick.2
Involvement in crime
On on 12 December 1856, Martin (aged) was a victim of Filley who in Byron, NSW, Australia. was described as "a Chinaman"||Mary was killed by multiple stab wounds and her body was brutally mutilated. Martin suffered a major stab wound to his side, but survived. Sarah was badly beaten and stabbed, but survived.3,4,5
Sarah Jane Howard died on 4 May 1922 at age 72 in Inverell.1
- [S622] "Research Report: Tobin, Mary on WikiTree by Leeane Godfrey", 22 Jun 2013, Leeane Godfrey, to James Fleming (Sydney); WikiTree, http://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Bowen-1865.
- [S643] Murder at Auburn Vale, New England, The Maitland Mercury, 3 Jan 1857.
- [S623] "Research Report: Tobin, Mary by Peter Page", 7 Jul 2004, Peter Page (email address), to Jim Fleming (email address); Fleming Family History Archive, Sydney.
- [S644] Murder by a Chinaman, The Moreton Bay Courier, 10 Jan 1857.
- [S642] Mary Howard nee Tobin, Police Gazette Vic: 1857 Howard Mary nee Tobin, (Kingswood: NSW State Archives), 8 Jan 1857
|Last Edited||21 August 2018|