b. 28 December 1809, d. 9 October 1881
Logo for Robert Clarkson
For more information about the Clarkson surname click here.
Robert Clarkson was born on 28 December 1809 in Fernyhalgh.1,2,3,4 He was baptized on 29 December 1809 in Fernyhalgh, Lancashire.4
Robert Clarkson and Alice Singleton were married on 18 July 1831 at St John's Church in Preston.2,5,6,7 He and Ann Poulton were married in June 1851 in Preston. His daughter Elizabeth would later marry his new wife's brother, John.8
Children with Ann Poulton (b. 7 September 1818, d. before 1881)
Robert Clarkson lived in Fulwood, Lancashire, on 6 June 1841, cotton weaver.2
- On 10 July 1850 Robert Clarkson was a labourer in Fulwood Row.7
Robert Clarkson died from chronic dysentry on 9 October 1881 at age 71 at a farmhouse near to Fulwood Barracks in Fulwood Row.9,10 He was buried on 10 October 1881 in Preston.9,9
- [S1207] Robert Clarkson, 30 Mar 1851 Census UK, London, Fulwood, Public Record Office, p6.
- [S1208] Robert Clarkson, 6 Jun 1841 Census UK, London, Fulwood, Public Record Office, p5.
- [S1213] Oliver Hothersall, 30 Mar 1881 Census UK, London, Fulwood, Public Record Office, p27.
- [S1233] FamilySearch, Index to English Baptisms (FMP), (Find My Past.)
- [S1229] "RR: Poulton Clarkson Roadblock - by JM Fleming", 2020, James Michael Fleming (4 Currawang Street, Cammeray), to self; Fleming Family History Archive, Sydney.
- [S1239] Marriage Certificate, Robert Clarkson and Alice Singleton, 30 November 1850, General Register Office, England, London. St John's Preston Parish.
- [S1249] Death Certificate, Clarkson, Alice, General Register Office of England, London, 45 in 1850 at Broughton, Lancashire.
- [S1210] Lancashire BMD, Index to Lancashire Marriages, (Lancashire BMD.)
- [S1209] Lancashire BMD, Index to Lancashire Deaths, (Lancashire BMD.)
- [S1240] Death Certificate, Clarkson, Robert, General Register Office of England, London, 333 in 1881 at Broughton, Lancashire.