b. January 1807, d. 12 December 1888
John House logo
John House was born in January 1807 in Drayton.1,2
John House and Mary Hooper
were married about 1829 in Drayton.3,2
Children with Mary Hooper (b. about 1808, d. 2 April 1875)
John House immigrated on 4 September 1856 to Sydney, NSW, Australia. SS "Lloyds"||John & Mary House paid £7/10/- for themselves and their 7 children while John's brother, William, brought his wife (Amelia), 4 step-children and 4 of his own children for £2/10/-. John's entry notes that his brother, Charles, is employed as a gardner by Mrs Thompson, 158 George Street, Sydney.1,4
- On 4 September 1856 John House was a farm labourer in Sydney.1,5
John House died on 12 December 1888 at age 81 at 161 Crown Road in Sydney. senile bronchitis and valvular disease of heart2
There was a funeral for on 16 December 1888 in Leichhardt, NSW, Australia. He was buried in Balmain Cemetery (now Pioneers Memorial Park in Leichhardt)2
- [S329] House and Hope families entry, Lloyds, Passenger List, 1856; in (Kingswood: NSW Government Archives.)
- [S400] Death Certificate, John House, Registry of Births Deaths and Marriages, NSW, Vol 1888 No 2062.
- [S351] Death Certificate, Mary House, Registry of Births Deaths and Marriages, NSW, Vol 1875 No 928.
- [S452] Death Certificate, Grace Flowerdew, Registry of Births Deaths and Marriages, NSW, Vol 1900 No 11694.
- [S350] Marriage Certificate, John Flowerdew and Grace House, 22 December 1870, Registry of Births Deaths and Marriages, NSW. 1870/1196.