b. 12 August 1845, d. 6 October 1900
Probably Grace Flowerdew (nee House), circa 1890
Grace House was born on 12 August 1845 in Drayton. The birth was registered on 7 September 1845 in the Sub-district of Curry Rivell in the District of Langport1,2,3,4,5,6
|Father||John House (b. January 1807, d. 12 December 1888)|
|Mother||Mary Hooper (b. about 1808, d. 2 April 1875)|
John James Flowerdew and Grace House were married on 22 December 1870 at St Andrews Cathedral in Sydney. He was a bachelor Mariner of Sydney and she a spinster of Liverpool Street, Sydney. His father, Benjamin, was a ship's carpenter. Her father was a Labourer.2,3,4,6,7
Grace House immigrated on 4 September 1856 to Sydney, NSW, Australia. SS "Lloyds"||John & Mary House paid £7/10/- for themselves and their 7 children while John's brother, William, brought his wife (Amelia), 4 step-children and 4 of his own children for £2/10/-. John's entry notes that his brother, Charles, is employed as a gardner by Mrs Thompson, 158 George Street, Sydney.1,6
Grace House lived at Liverpool Street in Sydney, NSW, Australia, on 22 December 1870.2
Grace House died from liver cancer on 6 October 1900 at age 55 in Balmain North. She had been ill for four months. She died at 6 Sutton Street, Balmain North4,6 She was buried on 8 October 1900 in Balmain North. Her burial service was conducted according to the rites of the Salvation Army6
- [S329] House and Hope families entry, Lloyds, Passenger List, 1856; in (Kingswood: NSW Government Archives).
- [S350] Marriage Certificate, John Flowerdew and Grace House, 22 December 1870, Registry of Births Deaths and Marriages, NSW. 1870/1196.
- [S357] Birth Certificate Vol 1881 No 4478, Ada Grace Flowerdew, (24 November 1881), NSW Registry of Births Deaths and Marriages.
- [S400] Death Certificate, John House, Registry of Births Deaths and Marriages, NSW, Vol 1888 No 2062.
- [S422] Birth Certificate BxBz 305388, Grace House, (7 Sep 1845), General Register Office, England.
- [S452] Death Certificate, Grace Flowerdew, Registry of Births Deaths and Marriages, NSW, Vol 1900 No 11694.
- [S455] Death Certificate, John James Flowerdew, Registry of Births Deaths and Marriages, NSW, Vol 1910 No 9090.