Ada Grace Flowerdew
b. 21 October 1881, d. about 1952
Ada Grace Fleming (nee Flowerdew), circa 1950
For a detailed biography of Ada Grace Flowerdew click here.
For more information about the Flowerdew surname click here.
Ada Grace Flowerdew was born on 21 October 1881 in Balmain. She was born in Sutton Street, Balmain in the presence of Dr Carruthers and Mrs McSparren. Her father was a 34 year old labourer and her mother was 35. Her older siblings consisted of three brothers and one sister living and one sister deceased1,2
Charles Taylor Fleming and Ada Grace Flowerdew were married on 16 May 1900 at 471 Pitt Street in Sydney. They were married according to the rites of the Greek Eastern Orthodox Church1,3
- On 16 May 1900 Ada Grace Flowerdew was a dressmaker at 6 Sutton Street in Balmain.1
- In 1900 Ada Grace Flowerdew was in Orange, NSW, Australia. He was employed as a clerk by Prescott's Ltd. The local newspaper the Orange Leader wrote in his obituary: "With the well-known produce firm his progress was so good that in 1900 when Mr Fleming was 21 years of age and newly married he was transferred to Orange for the opening of the branch here."4
Ada Grace Flowerdew died about 1952 in Orange.
- [S285] Marriage Certificate, Charles Taylor Fleming and Ada Grace Flowerdew, 11 July 1900, Registry of Births Deaths and Marriages, NSW. 1900/2742 (1033).
- [S357] Birth Certificate Vol 1881 No 4478, Ada Grace Flowerdew, (24 November 1881), NSW Registry of Births Deaths and Marriages.
- [S462] Death Certificate, Charles Taylor Fleming, Registry of Births Deaths and Marriages, NSW, Vol 1937 No 9841.
- [S291] Charles Taylor Fleming, The Orange Leader, 26 May 1937, Page 6, column 1.
|Last Edited||21 August 2018|