John James Flowerdew
b. 20 September 1846, d. 6 August 1910
For a detailed biography of John James Flowerdew click here.
For more information about the Flowerdew surname click here.
John James Flowerdew was born on 20 September 1846 at Garden Lane in Great Yarmouth. The birth was registered on 7 October 1846 in the Sub-district of Great Yarmouth in the District of Great Yarmouth in the County of Norfolk1,2,3,4
John James Flowerdew and Grace House were married on 22 December 1870 at St Andrews Cathedral in Sydney. He was a bachelor Mariner of Sydney and she a spinster of Liverpool Street, Sydney. His father, Benjamin, was a ship's carpenter. Her father was a Labourer.1,2,5,6,4
Children with Grace House (b. 12 August 1845, d. 6 October 1900)
- On 14 October 1865 John James Flowerdew was an Able Seaman.7
- On 26 March 1866 John James Flowerdew was an Able Seaman.8
- On 22 December 1870 John James Flowerdew was a mariner.1,4
- On 16 May 1900 John James Flowerdew was a labourer "engineer."9
John James Flowerdew lived in Sydney, NSW, Australia, on 22 December 1870.1 He lived in Australia before 1891. He lived at 6 Sutton Street in Balmain, NSW, Australia, on 6 October 1900.6
John James Flowerdew died from liver cancer on 6 August 1910 at age 63 at Dellwood, College Street, in Drummoyne. He had been ill for 8 months4 He was buried on 8 August 1910 at Balmain CofE Cemetery in Leichhardt.4
- [S350] Marriage Certificate, John Flowerdew and Grace House, 22 December 1870, Registry of Births Deaths and Marriages, NSW. 1870/1196.
- [S357] Birth Certificate Vol 1881 No 4478, Ada Grace Flowerdew, (24 November 1881), NSW Registry of Births Deaths and Marriages.
- [S423] Birth Certificate BxBz 305592, John James Flowerdew, (17 Oct 1846), General Register Office, England.
- [S455] Death Certificate, John James Flowerdew, Registry of Births Deaths and Marriages, NSW, Vol 1910 No 9090.
- [S400] Death Certificate, John House, Registry of Births Deaths and Marriages, NSW, Vol 1888 No 2062.
- [S452] Death Certificate, Grace Flowerdew, Registry of Births Deaths and Marriages, NSW, Vol 1900 No 11694.
- [S345] John Flowerdew, Ship Discharge: Flowerdew, John, 15 Mar 1866. A18660315.
- [S346] John Flowerdew, Ship Discharge: Flowerdew, John, 11 Jul 1866. A18660711.
- [S285] Marriage Certificate, Charles Taylor Fleming and Ada Grace Flowerdew, 11 July 1900, Registry of Births Deaths and Marriages, NSW. 1900/2742 (1033).