b. 1 January 1883, d. 4 January 1969
James Jolliffe, circa 1909
For a detailed biography of James Jolliffe click here.
For more information about the Jolliffe surname click here.
James Jolliffe was born on 1 January 1883 in Eugowra.1,2
James Jolliffe and Amy Laura Emily Gardner were married on 26 September 1909 at St Paul's Church in Quambone. C of E||"The consent of Attwood Charles Gardner, being the father of the bride, was given in writing to the Marriage." He was a Bachelor Labourer of Cowra; she a Spinster Domestic Servant of Quambone. The groom's father was a Farmer and the bride's father a Labourer1,3
- On 31 January 1929 James Jolliffe was a contractor.4
James Jolliffe lived with Amy Laura Emily Gardner in 1909 in Cowra, NSW, Australia. Amy's obituary records that they went to live at "Norwick", Cowra after they were married.3
James Jolliffe died on 4 January 1969 at age 86 in Windang.2 He was buried on 6 January 1969 in Canowindra.5
- [S287] Marriage Certificate, James Jolliffe and Amy Laura Emily Gardner, 6 October 1909, Registry of Births Deaths and Marriages, NSW. 1909/10996 (183).
- [S298] James Jolliffe, Cowra Guardian, 10 January 1969, Page 3, Col 2.
- [S297] Amy Laura Emily Jolliffe nee Gardner, The Canowindra Star, 2 October 1952, 2nd last column.
- [S289] Marriage Certificate, Reginald Angus Fleming and Stella Jolliffe, 31 January 1929, Registry of Births Deaths and Marriages, NSW. 1929/C235966.
- [S298] Cowra Guardian, 10 January 1969, Page 3, col. 2.
|Last Edited||21 August 2018|