b. about 1849, d. 22 June 1936
James Jolliffe, circa 1935
For a detailed biography of James Jolliffe A HREF="Biog James Jolliffe 1849.htm"click here/A.
For more information about the Jolliffe surname click here.
James Jolliffe was baptized on 14 February 1849 in Marston Magna, Somerset, England.1,2 He was born about 1849 in Marston Magna.3,4,5,6
James Jolliffe and Margaret Edgar were married in 1872.3,7 He and Susannah Waples were married on 30 December 1878 at St Michael's Church in Wollongong. C of E||He was a widower farmer of Orange; she a spinster farmer's daughter of Mt Kembla.8,6
- James Jolliffe was a farmer.6
- On 22 March 1898 James Jolliffe was a farmer at Goolagong NSW contracted to supply forage to the Police Force.9
James Jolliffe died on 22 June 1936 at Soldiers Memorial Hospital in Canowindra. toxaemia, lobar pneumonia, infct3,6
- [S673] Blessed Virgin Mary Marston Magna, Parish Registers Transcript: Marston Magna, Somerset as transcribed by JMF, General Register Office, England, London, Ba 21. Hereinafter cited as PRT: Marston Magna, Somerset by JMF.
- [S414] , Baptismal Register, Marston Magna, (Public Record Office, various), 2 Feb 1849.
- [S290] Death Certificate, James Jolliffe, Registry of Births Deaths and Marriages, NSW, Vol 1936 No 143.
- [S334] Jolliffe family entry, Tartar, Passenger List, 27 July 1857; in (Kingswood: NSW Government Archives).
- [S415] Thomas Jolliffe, 30 March 1851 Census UK, London, Marston Magna, Public Record Office, p4.
- [S418] Unknown, editor, Illawarra Pioneers Pre-1900 (PO Box 310 Wollongong NSW 2520: Illawarra Family History Group Inc, 1988). Hereinafter cited as Illawarra Pioneers Pre-1900.
- [S418] Unknown, Illawarra Pioneers Pre-1900, Gives date as 1874.
- [S354] Marriage Certificate, James Jolliffe and Susan Waples, 30 December 1878, Registry of Births Deaths and Marriages, NSW. 1878/5244 (922).
- [S835] Forage Contract for Police, Government Gazette, NSW, 22 Mar 1898, p2399.
|Last Edited||23 September 2018|