b. about 1837, d. 31 August 1918
Possibly David Press, circa 1860.
For a detailed biography of David Press click here.
For more information about the Press surname click here.
David Press was born about 1837 in Wiveliscombe.1,2,3
David Press and Susannah Baker were married on 2 May 1866 at Church of Saints Michael and John in Bathurst. Roman Catholic||David was a farmer of Triangle Flat; Susannah a farmer's daughter of Dunn's Plains. Both signed with a mark, as did John Baker (best man). Mary Cullen signed her own name. William Baker gave permission for Susannah to marry1,4,3
Children with Susannah Baker (b. about 1848, d. 14 October 1907)
|Daughter||Mary Jane Press+ (b. 24 October 1867, d. 5 March 1951)|
|Son||Son1 Press (b. about 1868, d. before 14 October 1907)|
|Daughter||Agnes E Press (b. about 1869, d. after 31 August 1918)|
|Daughter||Daughter1 Press (b. about 1870, d. before 14 October 1907)|
|Daughter||Susan Press (b. about 1871, d. after 31 August 1918)|
|Daughter||Daughter2 Press (b. about 1873, d. before 14 October 1907)|
|Son||Joseph Press (b. about 1875, d. after 14 October 1907)|
|Son||David Press (b. about 1878, d. after 14 October 1907)|
|Daughter||Henrietta Press (b. about 1880, d. after 31 August 1918)|
|Daughter||Sarah Blanche Press (b. about 1882, d. after 31 August 1918)|
- On 31 August 1918 David Press was a farmer.3,5
David Press lived in Triangle Flat, NSW, Australia, about 1890.6
David Press died on 31 August 1918 at Piper Street in Bathurst. carcinoma of the penis and arthenia||He had suffered the former for 2 years3 He was buried on 2 September 1918 at Roman Catholic cemetery in Jumpers Flat.3
- [S323] Baptismal Record: Press, Mary Jane, Vol 1867, (10 December 1867), NSW Registry of Births Deaths and Marriages
- [S387] Press family entry, Una, Passenger List, 1849; in 4/4915 (Kingswood: Archives Office of NSW), 2460.
- [S457] Death Certificate, David Press, Registry of Births Deaths and Marriages, NSW, Vol 1918 No 12610.
- [S344] Marriage Certificate, David Press and Susannah Baker, 2 May 1866, Registry of Births Deaths and Marriages, NSW. 1866/1454 (42).
- [S453] Death Certificate, John Kessey, Registry of Births Deaths and Marriages, NSW, Vol 1902 No 2534.
- [S466] "RR: Hanrahan-Hogan Descendants Chart", unknown author, Fleming Family History Archive, Sydney.