John Michael Kessey
b. 13 January 1863, d. 7 May 1940
For more information about the Kessey surname click here.
John Michael Kessey was born on 13 January 1863 in Bathurst. He had a twin brother, Thomas.1,2,3,4 He was baptized on 14 June 1863.3
- In 1881 John Michael Kessey was a farmer at Hillsbury in Black Springs.5
John Michael Kessey lived at Hillsbury in Black Springs, NSWG, in 1913, according to the Electoral Roll.6 He lived at Hillsbury in Black Springs, NSWG, in 1934, according to the Electoral Roll.7
Involvement in crime
John Michael Kessey was convicted (after pleading guilty) of using indecent language in Hill Street Rockley on 4 May 1895 in Rockley. The trial took place at Rockley on 15 June 1895. He was fined 20 shillings plus court costs of 4/10/-.8
John Michael Kessey died on 7 May 1940 at age 77 at St Vincent's Hospital in Bathurst.9
- [S453] Death Certificate, John Kessey, Registry of Births Deaths and Marriages, NSW, Vol 1902 No 2534.
- [S463] Death Certificate, Mary Ann Kessey, Registry of Births Deaths and Marriages, NSW, Vol 1907 No 10401.
- [S466] "RR: Hanrahan-Hogan Descendants Chart", unknown author, Fleming Family History Archive, Sydney.
- [S610] NSW Registry of Births Deaths and Marriages, Index to NSW Births, (Registry of BDM), 6351/1902.
- [S884] Various, Sands' Country Directory (Sydney: John Sands Ltd, 1881).
- [S841] All, 1913 Electoral Roll, Kingswood, Hillsbury, Archives Office of NSW.
- [S842] Kessey, 1934 Electoral Roll, Kingswood, Oberon, Archives Office of NSW.
- [S793] Summons Cases, Bathurst Free Press and Mining Journal, Part of the "Police Court" column, 5 Jun 1895, p2.
- [S846] Personal, National Advocate, 8 May 1940, p2.
|Last Edited||20 October 2018|