b. 8 February 1799
Margaret Lawson was born on 8 February 1799 in Barony.1,2,3
She was baptized on 17 February 1799 in Barony, Lanark, Scotland.3
and Margaret Lawson were married on 28 April 1826 at Parish of Govan in Lanark. The marriange banns had been booked on 14 April 1826.1,4 John Currie
and she were married on 31 December 1839 in Rutherglen. It is likely that Margaret Lawson remarried after her first husband (Angus Fleming) died in 1837 because her son Angus is not recorded on the 1841 census under the Fleming surname. There are three possible marriages on ScotlandsPeople (to McLuckie, Loudon or Currie). The 1841 census does not have a 9-11 year old Angus with the surname McLuckie or Loudon, but there is one in the household of John Currie. The 1851 census shows that this John Currie's wife's name was Margaret and that he had a sister-in-law named Isabella Lawson.5,6,7
and Margaret Lawson lived in Warroch Street at St Mark's quoad sacra parish in Glasgow, Lanark, Scotland, on 6 June 1841. Margaret Currie (nee Lawson; formerly Fleming) was recorded simply as "Mrs Currie". Her age was recorded as 55 even though she was only 42. Ten years later the 1851 census recorded her as 40 even though she was, by then, 52.6,7
- [S549] Baptismal Record: Angus Fleming 1831, No 627/00 0002 137348, (11 Jul 1831), General Register Office, Scotland, New Register House Edinburgh
- [S1158] ScotlandsPeople, Index OPR baptisms Glasgow and Barony: Lawson x 6, (National Records of Scotland, 14 Feb 2020.)
- [S1159] Baptismal Record: Margaret Lawson 1799, No 622/ 40 101, (17 Feb 1799), General Register Office, Scotland, New Register House Edinburgh
- [S566] Marriage Certificate, Angus Fleming and Margaret Lawson, 28 April 1826, General Register Office, Scotland, Edinburgh. 137347.
- [S1160] Marriage Certificate, John Currie and Margaret Lawson, 31 Dec 1839, General Register Office, Scotland, Edinburgh. 654/ 40 45 Rutherglen.
- [S1161] John Currie, 6 Jun 1841 Census image, Edinburgh, Glasgow, National Records of Scotland, 622/ 20/ 15.
- [S1154] "Story: Angus Fleming's origins - by James Michael Fleming", 15 March 2020, James Michael Fleming (4 Currawang Street, Cammeray), to self; Fleming Family History Archive, Sydney.