Ivy May Josephine Bowen
b. 14 November 1889, d. 5 March 1940
For more information about the Bowen surname click here
Ivy May Josephine Bowen was born on 14 November 1889 in Bourke.1,2,3
Ivy May Josephine Bowen lived at Con-Lea in Bourke, New South Wales, Australia, on 27 November 1927.3
At the age of at age 50 Ivy May Josephine Bowen died on 5 March 1940 in Bourke, New South Wales, Australia. ||Halvene Therese Kessey recalls that her (Great) Aunt Ivy died when she and (Ivy's son) Joe Williams were about 5 years old. She recalls that the extended family was grouped together in the kitchen and a number were crying. Joe and Halvene were sitting on the step. Halvene said to Joe "Why are they crying". He replied "Mum died". Halvene recalls that Aunt Ivy was suffering high blood pressure and that Halvene's mother (Ena Ruby Murphy) thought that Ivy was "swinging the lead".4,5
She was buried on 6 March 1940 at Bourke Cemetery in Bourke.5
- [S440] Death Certificate, Mary Murphy, Registry of Births Deaths and Marriages, NSW, Vol 1879 No 4301.
- [S474] Interview with Ena Ruby Murphy (Bourke), by Halvene Therese Kessey, 1983. Fleming Family History Archive (Sydney.)
- [S458] Death Certificate, Alice Clarkson Bowen, Registry of Births Deaths and Marriages, NSW, Vol 1927 No 22759.
- [S475] Interview with Halvene Therese Kessey (Bathurst), by Reginald Bruce Fleming, various. Fleming Family History Archive (Sydney.)
- [S615] Ivy May Josephine Williams Gravestone, Cemetery, Bourke; Jim Fleming, March 1940.