b. 29 January 1813, d. 2 June 1876
For a detailed biography of Amelia Carlisle click here.
For more information about the Carlisle surname click here.
Amelia Carlisle was born on 29 January 1813.1,2,3,4
George Waples and Amelia Carlisle were married on 28 September 1835 at St John's Church in Sydney. C of E||George was described as a Private, 4th Regiment. Presumably that is why the consent of Lt Colonel Breton is recorded. Amelia is described as Free, aged 21 years. Both signed with a mark (although the witnesses signed their names).5,1,6
- Amelia Carlisle was associated with George Waples overseer||Westmacott's farm|| in 1837 in Bulli, NSW, Australia.5
Amelia Carlisle died on 2 June 1876 at age 63. from paralysis||She was survived by her husband, George, 5 sons and 4 daughters and was predeceased by 5 sons2,7,4 She was buried on 3 June 1876 at St Lukes Church of England in Brownsville. [CIT:]The DC refers to the burial place as "Episcopal Cemetery, Dapto".[:CIT]5,2
- [S318] Marriage Certificate, George Waples and Amelia Carlisle, 28 September 1835, Registry of Births Deaths and Marriages, NSW. Vol 19 No 1117.
- [S352] Death Certificate, Amelia Waples, Registry of Births Deaths and Marriages, NSW, Vol 1876 1138.
- [S410] Mary Ann Gordon, Australian Biographical and Genealogical Record, p161.
- [S518] Carlisle William, Australian Biographical and Genealogical Record, p62.
- [S301] Selina Ann Waples, Illawarra Mercury, 28 December 1982.
- [S395] Death Certificate, George Waples, Registry of Births Deaths and Marriages, NSW, Vol 1884 No 10220.
- [S409] Thomas Gordon, Australian Biographical and Genealogical Record, p161.
|Last Edited||21 August 2018|