b. 26 July 1826, d. 27 March 1873
Thomas Ballantyne logo
For a detailed biography of Thomas Ballantyne click here
For more information about the Ballantyne surname click here
Thomas Ballantyne was born on 26 July 1826 at Lickperwick in East Kilbride.1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8
He was baptized on 6 August 1826 in East Kilbride, Lanark, Scotland.8
Thomas Ballantyne and Christina Ballantyne
were married on 20 July 1851 at Parish of Mearns in Muirhead of Hamilton. He was a baker of Busby; she was from Waterford.9,2,10
Thomas Ballantyne lived at Busby in Mearns, Renfrew, Scotland, on 20 July 1851.9
- On 20 July 1851 Thomas Ballantyne was a baker at Busby in Renfrew.9,11,6,10
Thomas Ballantyne died from apoplexy on 27 March 1873 at age 46 at Causeyside in Tollcross. While the death certificate says that the cause of death was "chronic alcoholism", this was officially changed to "apoplexy" through the Register of Corrected Entries.11,6
- [S391] Charles Fleming, Diary aboard Eastern Monarch, Napier NZ: Manuscript, 1883.
- [S428] Birth Certificate 4874/1855, Margaret Ballentine, (22 Jan 1855), General Register Office, Scotland.
- [S976] Thomas Ballentyne, 30 Mar 1851 Census UK, Edinburgh, Mearns, Renfrewshire, Public Record Office.
- [S978] Thomas Ballentyne, 7 Apr 1861 Census UK, Edinburgh, Cambuslang, Public Record Office.
- [S979] Thomas Ballentine, 2 Apr 1871 Census UK, Edinburgh, Old Monkland, Public Record Office.
- [S1011] Death Certificate, Ballentyne, Thomas, National Records of Scotland, Scotland, 652/1 39.
- [S1015] Baptism record 643/ 30/33, Thomas Ballenten, (26 Jul 1826), National Records of Scotland.
- [S1029] ScotlandsPeople, Index OPR births Scotland: Ballentyne x 6, (National Records of Scotland, 13 Aug 2012.)
- [S424] Marriage Certificate, Thomas Ballentyne and Christina Ballentyne, 20 Jul 1851, General Register Office, Scotland, Edinburgh. 48496.
- [S1013] Death Certificate, Ballentyne, Christina, National Records of Scotland, Scotland, 652/1 59.
- [S437] Marriage Certificate, Charles Fleming and Margaret Ballantyne, 28 Dec 1877, General Register Office, Scotland, Edinburgh. 34820.