b. August 1826, d. 8 March 1867
Christina Ballantyne was born in August 1826 at Muirhead of Hamilton in Scotland.1,2,3,4,5
Thomas Ballantyne and Christina Ballantyne were married on 20 July 1851 at Parish of Mearns in Muirhead of Hamilton. He was a baker of Busby; she was from Waterford.2,1,5
Christina Ballantyne lived at West Rogerton in East Kilbride, Lanark, Scotland, on 6 June 1841, female servant. She was a servant on the farm of Andrew Struthers and his wife, Ann.4 She lived at Waterfoot Farm in Mearns, Renfrewshire, on 30 March 1851, dairy maid. She was living with the family of the farmer (28 acres), James Mather.3 She lived at Waterford in the Parish of Mearns in Renfrew, Scotland+, on 20 July 1851.2 She lived at Bushyhill in Cambuslang, Lanark, Scotland, on 7 April 1861, wife.6
Christina Ballantyne died from strumous abscess of thigh on 8 March 1867 at age 40 at Fullarton in Old Monkland. She had suffered the disease (a skin or glandular infection associated with tuberculosis) for 6 months.7,8,5
- [S428] Birth Certificate 4874/1855, Margaret Ballentine, (22 Jan 1855), General Register Office, Scotland.
- [S424] Marriage Certificate, Thomas Ballentyne and Christina Ballentyne, 20 Jul 1851, General Register Office, Scotland, Edinburgh. 48496.
- [S977] Christina Ballentyne, 30 Mar 1851 Census UK, Edinburgh, Mearns, Renfrewshire, Public Record Office.
- [S980] Christian Ballentyne, 6 Jun 1841 Census UK, Edinburgh, East Kilbride, Public Record Office.
- [S1013] Death Certificate, Ballentyne, Christina, National Records of Scotland, Scotland, 652/1 59.
- [S978] Thomas Ballentyne, 7 Apr 1861 Census UK, Edinburgh, Cambuslang, Public Record Office.
- [S437] Marriage Certificate, Charles Fleming and Margaret Ballantyne, 28 Dec 1877, General Register Office, Scotland, Edinburgh. 34820.
- [S979] Thomas Ballentine, 2 Apr 1871 Census UK, Edinburgh, Old Monkland, Public Record Office.