Margaret Scott Ballantyne
b. 6 January 1855, d. 23 November 1930
Margaret Scott Fleming (nee Ballentine), circa 1893.
Was born on 6 January 1855 in Lanark, Scotland. She was born at 3am and had an older sister and an older brother, both living.1,2,3,4,5,6,7
Charles Fleming and Margaret Scott Ballantyne were married on 28 December 1877 at Dunlop Street, Tollcross, Shettleston, in Glasgow. They were married after banns were announced according to the rites of the United Presbyterian Church.8,1,3,4
Margaret Scott Ballantyne and Charles Fleming emigrated on 20 July 1883 from in Glasgow, Lanark, Scotland. aboard "Eastern Monarch"9 She emigrated about 1904 from in Sydney, NSW, Australia, to New Zealand.1 She immigrated about 1904 to Auckland, New Zealand.1
- On 7 April 1871 Margaret Scott Ballantyne was a cotton mill worker at Asdhforth's land in Old Monkland.7
- On 28 December 1877 Margaret Scott Ballantyne was a steam loom weaver at Dunlop Street in Tollcross.3
On 7 April 1861 they resided with parent (Christina Ballantyne, wife) in Cambuslang, Lanark, Scotland.6 On 2 April 1871 they resided with parent (Thomas Ballantyne, baker) in Old Monkland, Lanarkshire. Thomas Ballentine was described as a widower.7,10 Margaret Scott Ballantyne appeared on the census of on 3 April 1881 in the household of Charles Fleming in Barony, Lanark, Scotland.5
Margaret Scott Ballantyne died on 23 November 1930 at age 75 in Thames.
- [S392] Nolan Rafferty, Letter from Nolan Rafferty to Bruce Fleming, Sydney: Fleming Family History Archive, 5 Nov 1983.
- [S428] Birth Certificate 4874/1855, Margaret Ballentine, (22 Jan 1855), General Register Office, Scotland.
- [S437] Marriage Certificate, Charles Fleming and Margaret Ballantyne, 28 Dec 1877, General Register Office, Scotland, Edinburgh. 34820.
- [S438] Birth Certificate Vol 1893 No 27, Elizabeth Taylor Fleming, (10 Jan 1923), Fleming Family History Archive.
- [S523] Charles Fleming, 3 April 1881 Census, Edinburgh, Barony, General Register Office, Scotland FHL Film 0203630, Vol 644-1, Enumeration District 3.
- [S978] Thomas Ballentyne, 7 Apr 1861 Census UK, Edinburgh, Cambuslang, Public Record Office.
- [S979] Thomas Ballentine, 2 Apr 1871 Census UK, Edinburgh, Old Monkland, Public Record Office.
- [S325] Birth Certificate Vol 1879 No 106, Charles Taylor Fleming, (17 January 1879), Scottish Registry of Births Deaths and Marriages.
- [S391] Charles Fleming, Diary aboard Eastern Monarch, Napier NZ: Manuscript, 1883.
- [S1013] Death Certificate, Ballentyne, Christina, National Records of Scotland, Scotland, 652/1 59.