William Stanley Kessey
b. 8 February 1853, d. 20 December 1928
For more information about the Kessey surname click here.
William Stanley Kessey was born on 8 February 1853.1,2
- On 21 February 1894 William Stanley Kessey was a mail contractor in Bathurst. His tender of 47 pounds for the Bathurst and White Rock mail service was accepted.5
Involvement in crime
William Stanley Kessey was tried for an alleged assault on his wife Mary Ann on 6 December 1912 in Bathurst. His wife alleged that he had threatened to take her two young children from her. (She lived at Portland with the children; he at Bathurst.) She resisted and was forced into the bottom of a sulky, from where she cried for help. A man came to her assistance. She dropped the charges on the proviso that her husband not interfere with the children. He was to be allowed to visit on Sundays when her brother was at home. He agreed to these terms.6
William Stanley Kessey died on 20 December 1928 at age 75.7,2
- [S403] "Kessey family facts", circa 1991, Gardiner (303 Birdwood Terrace, Toowong Qld 4006), to James Fleming (Sydney); Fleming Family History Archive, Sydney.
- [S898] "Descendants of Thomas and Julia Kessey", Paul Gunning, to Ted Gardiner (Brisbane); Fleming Family History Archive, Sydney.
- [S611] NSW Registry of Births Deaths and Marriages, Index to NSW Marriages, (Registry of BDM), 1377/1892.
- [S844] Divorce, Sydney Daily Telegraph, 6 Jul 1927, p25.
- [S708] Mail contracts, Bathurst Free Press and Mining Journal, 21 Feb 1894, p3.
- [S880] Assault Case, Bathurst Times, 7 Dec 1912.
- [S695] Deed: William Kessey - Ernest Henry Gunning, Land Titles Office of NSW, Book 1560 No 59.
|Last Edited||25 October 2018|