b. 11 July 1831, d. before 18 July 1884
Angus Fleming born 1831
For a detailed biography of Angus Fleming click here
For more information about the Fleming surname click here
Angus Fleming was born on 11 July 1831 at Parish of Cambuslang in Glasgow.2,3,4,5,1
He was baptized on 7 August 1831 at Parish of Cambuslang in Glasgow, Scotland.2
Was born on on 17 November 1852 to Elizabeth
and Angus Fleming in Glasgow, Scotland.6
Was born on on 17 February 1854 to Elizabeth
and Angus Fleming in Glasgow, Scotland.7,8,9,10,5
He, the father of Charles Fleming
, presented him for baptism on 2 April 1854 in Glasgow, Scotland.7
Was born on on 22 June 1859 to Elizabeth
and Angus Fleming in Bridgeton, Glasgow, Scotland. at 6am|| Her father, Angus, is described as a "Sawyer (Journeyman)" and signed with a mark when registering the birth on July 8.11,5
Was born on on 4 June 1862 to Elizabeth
and Angus Fleming in Glasgow, Scotland.12,13,14,10,15
Was born on on 22 April 1865 to Elizabeth
and Angus Fleming in Glasgow, Scotland. He was born at 3:30pm in Mid Row, Clyde Iron Works.16,17,18,19
, and William
, 's child, resided with, in Glasgow, Scotland, on 6 June 1841. Warroch Street. Margaret Currie (nee Lawson; formerly Fleming) was recorded simply as "Mrs Currie". Her age was recorded as 55 even though she was only 42. Ten years later the 1851 census recorded her as 40 even though she was, by then, 52.20,21
Angus Fleming lived at 109 Aitchieson Street in Airdrie, Lanark, Scotland, in 1856, miner.22
He lived in Edinburgh, Scotland, in 1861, Relation to Head of House: Head.7,1
Involvement in crime
Angus Fleming was deserted his wife on 9 February 1865 in Cambuslang, Lanark, Scotland. His family "became chargeable to the Parish of Cambuslang" which provided aid for more than two years before bringing a charge of wife desertion against him in 1867.23
He was tried for wife desertion on 5 June 1867 in Cambuslang, Lanark, Scotland. He was found guilty and sentenced to a fine of five pounds or 30 days gaol. He served the time in gaol.23
He was tried for "giving his wife a severe thrashing last night" on 9 September 1868 in Cambuslang, Lanark, Scotland. He was sentenced to 60 days in prison.24
- On 30 March 1851 Angus Fleming was a wagon driver at 143 North Square, Parish of Old Monkland, in Gartsherrie.3
- On 7 December 1851 Angus Fleming was a waggoner at Clyde Works at Old Monkland Parish, Clyde, in Glasgow.25
- On 17 November 1852 Angus Fleming was a carter at Parish of Barony in Tollcross.6
- On 2 April 1854 Angus Fleming was a carter in Glasgow.7
- On 22 June 1859 Angus Fleming was a sawyer (journeyman) in Glasgow.11,8
- On 7 April 1861 Angus Fleming was a sawyer in Edinburgh.5
- On 22 April 1865 Angus Fleming was a wood sawyer.19,8
- On 28 December 1877 Angus Fleming was a sawyer.8,15
- On 12 February 1881 Angus Fleming was a wood sawyer.26,8
Angus Fleming died before 18 July 1884.26,8,14
- [S1007] Ancestry.com, 1861 Scotland Census, Parish: Edinburgh Trinity College; ED: 10; Page: 15; Line: 2; Roll: CSSCT1861_127
- [S549] Baptismal Record: Angus Fleming 1831, No 627/00 0002 137348, (11 Jul 1831), General Register Office, Scotland, New Register House Edinburgh
- [S550] James Landles, 30 Mar 1851 Census, Edinburgh, Gartsherrie, General Register Office, Scotland, 652/00 042/00 017.
- [S551] www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, Index: Scotland Births Fleming, Angus1800-1835, (Scotlandspeople website.)
- [S548] Angus Fleming, 7 July 1861 Census, Edinburgh, Trinity College Edinburgh, General Register Office, Scotland.
- [S426] Baptismal Record: Fleming, Angus, Vol 4449, (17 Nov 1852), General Register Office, Scotland, New Register House Edinburgh
- [S427] Baptismal Record: Fleming, Charles, No 4450, (2 Apr 1854), General Register Office, Scotland, New Register House Edinburgh
- [S437] Marriage Certificate, Charles Fleming and Margaret Ballantyne, 28 Dec 1877, General Register Office, Scotland, Edinburgh. 34820.
- [S438] Birth Certificate Vol 1893 No 27, Elizabeth Taylor Fleming, (10 Jan 1923), Fleming Family History Archive.
- [S523] Charles Fleming, 3 April 1881 Census, Edinburgh, Barony, General Register Office, Scotland FHL Film 0203630, Vol 644-1, Enumeration District 3.
- [S324] Birth Certificate Vol 1859 No C119201/6035516 936, Jane Fleming, (8 July 1859), Scottish Registry of Births Deaths and Marriages.
- [S359] Martha Fleming nee Duncan, Family artifact: Memorial card - Fleming, Angus, Balmain: Martha Fleming, 15 March 1887.
- [S520] Birth Certificate: Fleming, Angus 1862, Vol 1862, No 811, (1862), General Register Office, Scotland, New Register House Edinburgh
- [S526] Marriage Certificate, Angus Fleming and Martha Duncan, 18 Jul 1884, General Register Office, Scotland, Edinburgh. 210 at Bridgeton in 1884.
- [S448] Death Certificate, Angus Fleming, Registry of Births Deaths and Marriages, NSW, Vol 1887 No 481.
- [S391] Charles Fleming, Diary aboard Eastern Monarch, Napier NZ: Manuscript, 1883.
- [S521] Elizabeth Fleming, 2 April 1871 Census UK, Edinburgh, Tollcross, General Register Office, Scotland, 622/03014/000009.
- [S524] Matthew Taylor Fleming, International Genealogical Index (IGI) (: 22 Apr 1865.)
- [S527] Birth Certificate Vol 1865 No 121 in Old Monkland, Matthew Taylor Fleming, (3 May 1865), General Register Office, Scotland.
- [S1161] John Currie, 6 Jun 1841 Census image, Edinburgh, Glasgow, National Records of Scotland, 622/ 20/ 15.
- [S1154] "Story: Angus Fleming's origins - by James Michael Fleming", 15 March 2020, James Michael Fleming (4 Currawang Street, Cammeray); Fleming Family History Archive, Sydney.
- [S1151] Valuation Roll, (1856), Airdrie, ScotlandsPeople, Edinburgh
- [S975] Wife Desertion, Glasgow Daily Herald, 6 Jun 1867.
- [S1048] Justice of Peace Court, Evening Citizen, top of column 2, 9 Sep 1868.
- [S425] LDS, MR: Fleming-Taylor, Banns, General Register Office, Scotland, New Register House Edinburgh, 4451.
- [S522] Death Certificate, Elizabeth Fleming, National Records of Scotland, Edinburgh, Vol 1881 No 160.
Click on any citation number above to view details of the source document and, possibly, access an image of the source.