b. about 1765, d. April 1851
Thomas Gordon's signature, 1809
Thomas Gordon was born about 1765.1,2
Thomas Gordon and Alice Smith
were married on 8 May 1790 at St George CE in London.2
Children with Alice Smith (b. about 1770, d. about 1806)
Thomas Gordon lived at St George, Hanover Square, in London, England, about 1803.2
He witnessed the immigration of William Carlisle
on 24 June 1804 in Sydney, NSW, Australia. 'Experiment'||Also aboard was William's future wife, Mary Ann Gordon, with her father Thomas and brother Charles.3,4,2,5,6,7
Thomas Gordon lived in Double Bay, NSW, Australia, in 1828.2
- About 1803 Thomas Gordon was a shoemaker in England.2
Thomas Gordon was buried on 2 April 1851 at Devonshire Street Cemetery in Sydney.1,2
He died in April 1851 in Double Bay. ||The Burial Certificate describes Thomas' "Quality or Profession" as "Gentleman"1,2
There is a memorial to Thomas Gordon at Devonshire Street Cemetery in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia. Follow this link
for information and images of his memorial.
- [S328] Burial Record, Thomas Gordon, NSW Registry of Births Deaths and Marriages, 35 Regent Street Chippendale, NSW 2008, Vol 111.
- [S409] Thomas Gordon, Australian Biographical and Genealogical Record, p161.
- [S361] Ship News, Sydney Gazette, 24 June 1804.
- [S364] Experiment prisoners, Sydney Gazette, 1 July 1804.
- [S410] Mary Ann Gordon, Australian Biographical and Genealogical Record, p161.
- [S411] Gordon, Charles Moltson, Australian Biographical and Genealogical Record, p159.
- [S518] Carlisle William, Australian Biographical and Genealogical Record, p62.
Click on any citation number above to view details of the source document and, possibly, access an image of the source.