Mary Ann Gordon
b. 24 November 1792, d. February 1813
Mary Ann Gordon was born on 24 November 1792 at St George, Hanover Square, in London.1
She was baptized on 20 January 1793 at St Mary's CE, St Marylebone, in London, England.1
and Mary Ann Gordon were married on 11 September 1811 at St Matthew's Church in Windsor. C of E||The marriage certificate indicates that the marriage was by banns.2,3,1,4
Mary Ann Gordon witnessed the immigration of William Carlisle
on 24 June 1804 in Sydney, NSW, Australia. 'Experiment'||Also aboard was William's future wife, Mary Ann Gordon, with her father Thomas and brother Charles.5,6,3,1,7,4
Mary Ann Gordon died in February 1813 at age 20.8,3,1
She was buried on 16 February 1813 at St Matthews Church of England in Windsor.8
There is a memorial to Mary Ann Gordon at St Matthew's church in Windsor, New South Wales, Australian Colonies. Follow this link
for information and images of her memorial.
- [S410] Mary Ann Gordon, Australian Biographical and Genealogical Record, p161.
- [S313] Marriage Certificate, William Carlisle and Mary Ann Gordon, 11 September 1811, Registry of Births Deaths and Marriages, NSW. Vol 3 No 1278.
- [S409] Thomas Gordon, Australian Biographical and Genealogical Record, p161.
- [S518] Carlisle William, Australian Biographical and Genealogical Record, p62.
- [S361] Ship News, Sydney Gazette, 24 June 1804.
- [S364] Experiment prisoners, Sydney Gazette, 1 July 1804.
- [S411] Gordon, Charles Moltson, Australian Biographical and Genealogical Record, p159.
- [S314] Burial Record, Mary Ann Carlisle, NSW Registry of Births Deaths and Marriages, Sydney, Vol 2.
Click on any citation number above to view details of the source document and, possibly, access an image of the source.