Ellen Ruby Bowen
b. 16 September 1882, d. 14 April 1912
Ellen Ruby Murphy (nee Bowen), circa 1912
For a detailed biography of Ellen Ruby Bowen click here
For more information about the Bowen surname click here
Ellen Ruby Bowen was born on 16 September 1882 in Timbrebongie. Her father was a 29 year old hawker from Bathurst and her mother was 22 years old from Sydney. They lived at Timbrebongie near Dubbo. She had a living brother and sister and a deceased brother1,2,3,4
- On 14 April 1912 Ellen Ruby Bowen was occupied with housework while living at in Bourke, New South Wales, Australia.2
Ellen Ruby Bowen died on 14 April 1912 at age 29 at Bourke District Hospital in Bourke. ||She had been suffering from "enteric fever" for 10 days and a perforated intestine for 2 days.2
She was buried on 15 April 1912 at Roman Catholic Cemetery in Bourke.2
There is a memorial to Ellen Ruby Bowen at Bourke Historical Cemetery in Bourke, New South Wales, Australia. Follow this link
for information and images of her memorial.
- [S358] Birth Certificate 345/1882, Ellen Ruby Bowen, (23 October 1882), NSW Registry of Births Deaths and Marriages.
- [S456] Death Certificate, Ellen Ruby Murphy, Registry of Births Deaths and Marriages, NSW, Vol 1912 No 4939.
- [S474] Interview with Ena Ruby Murphy (Bourke), by Halvene Therese Kessey, 1983. Fleming Family History Archive (Sydney.)
- [S602] Marriage Certificate, George Charles Reed Murphy and Ellen Ruby Bowen, 18 October 1905, Registry of Births Deaths and Marriages, NSW. 1905/9105.
- [S598] Death Certificate, George Charles Reed Murphy, Registry of Births Deaths and Marriages, Queensland, Vol 1949 No 4538 6165.
Click on any citation number above to view details of the source document and, possibly, access an image of the source.