b. circa 1854
Thomas Ballantyne was born circa 1854 in Busby.1,2,3
On 7 April 1861 they resided with parent (Christina Ballantyne
, wife) in Cambuslang, Lanark, Scotland.2
On 2 April 1871 they resided with parent (Thomas Ballantyne
, baker) in Old Monkland, Lanark, Scotland. Thomas Ballentine was described as a widower.3,4
Thomas Ballantyne lived in Motherwell on 27 March 1873.5
Thomas Ballantyne witnessed the death of Thomas Ballantyne
on 27 March 1873 at Causeyside in Tollcross, Lanark, Scotland+
. While the death certificate says that the cause of death was "chronic alcoholism", this was officially changed to "apoplexy" through the Register of Corrected Entries.6,5
- [S428] Birth Certificate 4874/1855, Margaret Ballentine, (22 Jan 1855), General Register Office, Scotland.
- [S978] Thomas Ballentyne, 7 Apr 1861 Census UK, Edinburgh, Cambuslang, Public Record Office.
- [S979] Thomas Ballentine, 2 Apr 1871 Census UK, Edinburgh, Old Monkland, Public Record Office.
- [S1013] Death Certificate, Ballentyne, Christina, National Records of Scotland, Scotland, 652/1 59.
- [S1011] Death Certificate, Ballentyne, Thomas, National Records of Scotland, Scotland, 652/1 39.
- [S437] Marriage Certificate, Charles Fleming and Margaret Ballantyne, 28 Dec 1877, General Register Office, Scotland, Edinburgh. 34820.
Click on any citation number above to view details of the source document and, possibly, access an image of the source.