b. 18 October 1835
George Elliott was born on 18 October 1835.1,2,3
He was baptized on 5 April 1855 at St James church, Westminster, in London, England, United Kingdom.1
On 5 April 1855 she resided with parent (Frances ("Granny Elliott") Gibson
) in London, England, United Kingdom.1
George Elliott witnessed the immigration of Frances ("Granny Elliott") Gibson
on 2 October 1855 in Sydney, NSW, Australia. SS "Hilton"4,5,6,7,8 Emma
traveled to in November 1855. They travelled by bullock wagon. Emma Elliott later claimed to be the first white woman in Coonamble.7,9
- [S1432] Baptismal Record: Elliott, George and Emma, Vol 1855, No STM/PR/6/30, (5 Apr 1855), two adult baptisms, City of Westminster Archives, London
- [S478] Immigrant Deposit Journal: Frances Gibson and children, Immigrant Deposit Journal, Kingswood; Archives Office of NSW. Hereinafter cited as IDJ: Frances Gibson and children.
- [S686] Death Certificate, Frances Pirie, Registry of Births Deaths and Marriages, NSW, Vol 1870 No 3353.
- [S479] Joan McKenzie, Gibson's Way, 24 Zoccoli Street Coonamble NSW 2829: Joan McKenzie, 1993, 118.
- [S471] "RR: Kemp Family Group Sheets by Lorraine Voigt", 29 Jan 1991, Lorraine Voigt (5 Kenworth Street Brassall Qld 4305); Fleming Family History Archive, Sydney.
- [S460] Death Certificate, Emma Kemp, Registry of Births Deaths and Marriages, NSW, Vol 1931 No 19973.
- [S1468] A Grand Old Woman, Mudgee Guardian and North-Western Representative, 31 Dec 1931, Obituary.
- [S1486] Elliott family entry, Hilton, Passenger List, 2 Oct 1855; in (Kingswood: NSW Government Archives.)
- [S1469] A Grand Old Woman, The Sun, Sydney, 19 Oct 1931, 10.
Click on any citation number above to view details of the source document and, possibly, access an image of the source.
|Last Edited||6 November 2020|