b. 1 April 1803, d. 27 January 1887
Margaret Scott was born on 1 April 1803 at Greenhills in East Kilbride.1,2,3,4,5,6
She was baptized on 17 April 1803 in East Kilbride, Lanark, Scotland.6
- On 7 April 1861 Margaret Scott was a laundress in Carmunnock. She may have worked with laundress Mary Wood, the wife of their landlord,8
Margaret Scott died from senile decay on 27 January 1887 at age 83 at Bankhead in Carmunnock.5
- [S1011] Death Certificate, Ballentyne, Thomas, National Records of Scotland, Scotland, 652/1 39.
- [S1014] Thomas Ballantyne, 30 Mar 1851 Census UK, Edinburgh, East Kilbride, Public Record Office, 643/ 5/1.
- [S996] Baptismal Record: Margaret Scott 1803, No 643/ 20/136, (1 Apr 1803), Greenhills, East Kilbride, National Records of Scotland, New Register House Edinburgh
- [S1021] Thomas Ballentine, 3 Apr 1881 Census UK, Edinburgh, Carmunnock, National Records of Scotland, 631/ 1/5.
- [S1023] Death Certificate, Ballantyne, Margaret, National Records of Scotland, Scotland, 631/ 2.
- [S1069] ScotlandsPeople, Index OPR births Scotland: Scott x 9 at East Kilbride, (National Records of Scotland, 1 Jun 2019.)
- [S1012] Marriage Certificate, Thomas Ballantyne and Margaret Scott, 9 Nov 1823, General Register Office, Scotland, Edinburgh. 643/ 30/167.
- [S1047] Thomas Ballentyne, 7 Apr 1861 Census UK, Edinburgh, Carmunnock, Public Record Office, 631/ 1/3.