Margaret Scott Ballantyne
b. 6 January 1855, d. 23 November 1930
Margaret Scott Fleming (nee Ballentine), circa 1893.
For a detailed biography of Margaret Scott Ballantyne click here
For more information about the Ballantyne surname click here
Was born on 6 January 1855 in Lanark, Scotland. She was born at 3am and had an older sister and an older brother, both living.1,2,3,4,5,6,7
and Margaret Scott Ballantyne were married on 28 December 1877 at Dunlop Street, Tollcross, Shettleston, in Glasgow. They were married after banns were announced according to the rites of the United Presbyterian Church.8,1,3,4
On 7 April 1861 they resided with parent (Christina Ballantyne
, wife) in Cambuslang, Lanark, Scotland.6
On 2 April 1871 they resided with parent (Thomas Ballantyne
, baker) in Old Monkland, Lanark, Scotland. Thomas Ballentine was described as a widower.7,9
Margaret Scott Ballantyne and Charles Fleming
emigrated on 20 July 1883 from in Glasgow, Scotland. aboard "Eastern Monarch"10
On on 4 November 1883, Charles
arrived at aboard. they was at age 29 years old. "Eastern Monarch"||10,11
She was visit on 24 November 1883 in Gympie, Qld, Australia. They visited Maggie's Aunt and Uncle for a few days.10
She immigrated about 1904 to Auckland, New Zealand.1
She emigrated about 1904 from in Sydney, NSW, Australia, to New Zealand.1
- On 7 April 1871 Margaret Scott Ballantyne was a cotton mill worker at Asdhforth's land in Old Monkland.7
- On 28 December 1877 Margaret Scott Ballantyne was a steam loom weaver at Dunlop Street in Tollcross.3
Margaret Scott Ballantyne witnessed the death of Thomas Ballantyne Fleming
on 23 November 1881 at 3 Boden Street in Glasgow, Scotland. hydrocephalus acutus12,4
She died on 23 November 1930 at age 75 in Thames.
There is a memorial to Margaret Scott Ballantyne at Shortland Cemetery in Thames, New Zealand. Follow this link
for information and images of her memorial.
- [S392] Nolan Rafferty, Letter from Nolan Rafferty to Bruce Fleming, Sydney: Fleming Family History Archive, 5 Nov 1983.
- [S428] Birth Certificate 4874/1855, Margaret Ballentine, (22 Jan 1855), General Register Office, Scotland.
- [S437] Marriage Certificate, Charles Fleming and Margaret Ballantyne, 28 Dec 1877, General Register Office, Scotland, Edinburgh. 34820.
- [S438] Birth Certificate Vol 1893 No 27, Elizabeth Taylor Fleming, (10 Jan 1923), Fleming Family History Archive.
- [S523] Charles Fleming, 3 April 1881 Census, Edinburgh, Barony, General Register Office, Scotland FHL Film 0203630, Vol 644-1, Enumeration District 3.
- [S978] Thomas Ballentyne, 7 Apr 1861 Census UK, Edinburgh, Cambuslang, Public Record Office.
- [S979] Thomas Ballentine, 2 Apr 1871 Census UK, Edinburgh, Old Monkland, Public Record Office.
- [S325] Birth Certificate Vol 1879 No 106, Charles Taylor Fleming, (17 January 1879), Scottish Registry of Births Deaths and Marriages.
- [S1013] Death Certificate, Ballentyne, Christina, National Records of Scotland, Scotland, 652/1 59.
- [S391] Charles Fleming, Diary aboard Eastern Monarch, Napier NZ: Manuscript, 1883.
- [S462] Death Certificate, Charles Taylor Fleming, Registry of Births Deaths and Marriages, NSW, Vol 1937 No 9841.
- [S528] Death Certificate, Thomas Ballantyne Fleming, General Register Office, Scotland, Edinburgh, No 1012 in 1881 at Bridgeton.
Click on any citation number above to view details of the source document and, possibly, access an image of the source.