b. about 1808, d. 2 April 1875
Mary Hooper logo
Mary Hooper was born about 1808 in Drayton.1,2
and Mary Hooper were married about 1829 in Drayton.2,3
Children with John House (b. January 1807, d. 12 December 1888)
Mary Hooper witnessed the immigration of Grace House
on 4 September 1856 in Sydney, NSW, Australia. SS "Lloyds"||John & Mary House paid £7/10/- for themselves and their 7 children while John's brother, William, brought his wife (Amelia), 4 step-children and 4 of his own children for £2/10/-. John's entry notes that his brother, Charles, is employed as a gardner by Mrs Thompson, 158 George Street, Sydney.1,4
- On 4 September 1856 Mary Hooper was a farmhouse servant.1
Mary Hooper died on 2 April 1875 at Harbour Street off Hay Street in Sydney. chronic diarrhoea||She was survived by 3 sons and 4 daughters and was predeceased by 3 sons2
She was buried on 4 April 1875 at Balmain C of E Cemetery in Leichhardt. There does not appear to have been a minister of religion involved in her burial2
There is a memorial to Mary Hooper at Pioneers Memorial Park in Leichhardt, NSW, Australia. Follow this link
for information and images of her memorial.
- [S329] House and Hope families entry, Lloyds, Passenger List, 1856; in (Kingswood: NSW Government Archives.)
- [S351] Death Certificate, Mary House, Registry of Births Deaths and Marriages, NSW, Vol 1875 No 928.
- [S400] Death Certificate, John House, Registry of Births Deaths and Marriages, NSW, Vol 1888 No 2062.
- [S452] Death Certificate, Grace Flowerdew, Registry of Births Deaths and Marriages, NSW, Vol 1900 No 11694.
Click on any citation number above to view details of the source document and, possibly, access an image of the source.