b. 1815, d. 1 February 1883
For a detailed biography of Judith Grady click here
Judith Grady was born in 1815 in Tipperary.1
She witnessed the adoption of Herbert John Smith
on 14 November 1875.2
and Judith Grady were married on 22 December 1832 at Kelso in Bathurst. ||They were married by banns with the consent of Government. Thomas, Judith and witness Patrick Foran all signed with a mark, while Henry H Fleming, the other witness, signed his name3,1,4,5
Children with Thomas Cassey (b. 23 March 1794, d. 22 July 1882)
|Son||Thomas Kessey+ (b. 1833, d. 11 June 1903)|
|Son||John Kessey+ (b. 1836, d. 18 March 1902)|
|Son||James Kessey+ (b. 30 May 1840, d. 31 July 1927)|
|Daughter||Ann Kessey+ (b. 1841)|
|Daughter||Mary-Ann Kessey+ (b. 29 August 1842, d. 17 December 1920)|
|Daughter||Margaret Kessey+ (b. 9 October 1845, d. 14 July 1923)|
|Daughter||Julia Kessey+ (b. 1847, d. 30 November 1901)|
|Daughter||Elizabeth Kessey (b. 21 March 1849, d. 22 November 1932)|
|Daughter||Ellen Kessey (b. 1851, d. 1852)|
|Son||William Stanley Kessey+ (b. 8 February 1853, d. 20 December 1928)|
|Daughter||Martha ("Dolly") Kessey+ (b. 1855)|
|Daughter||Jane Kessey+ (b. 1859, d. 26 January 1942)|
Judith Grady immigrated on 12 November 1828 to Sydney, NSW, Australia. "City of Edinburgh"|| On on 12 November 1828, James
, and Elenor
arrived at aboard. they was at age ~43 years old. Margaret and her family arrived in Sydney aboard the "City of Edinburgh".4
Attested to the validity of 's will on 22 April 1880 in Bathurst, New South Wales, Australia.6
Judith Grady witnessed the probate of the estate of Thomas Cassey
on 6 September 1882 in Bathurst, New South Wales, Australia. probate was granted in respect of "goods sworn under 320 pounds".6
She died on 1 February 1883 at age ~68 at Machattie's Creek in Bathurst. drowning2,1,7,4
She was buried on 4 February 1883 in Bathurst.1
She had her estate probated on 8 August 1883.7
- [S444] Death Certifricate, Julia Kessey, Registry of Births Deaths and Marriages, NSW, Vol 1883 No 5708.
- [S390] Inquest - Julia Kessey, The Bathurst Daily Times, 2 Feb 1883.
- [S317] Marriage Certificate, Thomas Casey and Judith Grady, 22 December 1832, Registry of Births Deaths and Marriages, NSW. Vol 16 No 1174.
- [S905] "Descendants of Patrick Grady and Margaret Whalan", Athol Lamont; Fleming Family History Archive, Sydney.
- [S1250] James Michael Fleming, "Thomas Kessey's Origins", Descent, Vol 50 part 2 page 30 (June 2020), 2011-2020, Society of Australian Genealogists (https://sag.org.au/resources/Descent/Descent_2011-2020.pdf : printed 25 Jun 2020), pp 30-33
- [S446] Kessey, Thomas will (22 Apr 1882), Will: Kessey, Thomas 7307, Probate Office, NSW. Hereinafter cited as W: Kessey, Thomas.
- [S447] Julia Kessey, Probate: Kessey; Julia (Probate), NSW Probate Office, Sydney. Hereinafter cited as A18830808.
Click on any citation number above to view details of the source document and, possibly, access an image of the source.