b. 1834, d. after 1883
Logo Elizabeth Clarkson 1834
For more information about the Clarkson surname click here
Elizabeth Clarkson was born in 1834 in Lancashire.1,2,3,4,5
Was born on on 23 March 1860 to and in Sydney, NSW, Australia. The BC reports that 2 previous children of the marriage had died2,6,7,8
and Elizabeth Clarkson were married on 1 March 1854 in Lancashire.2,3
Children with John Poulton (b. 26 March 1830, d. 5 September 1887)
On 6 June 1841 they resided with parent (Robert Clarkson
, cotton weaver) in Fulwood, Lancashire.5
On 30 March 1851 they resided with parent (Robert Clarkson
, weaver) in Fulwood, Lancashire. It is noteworthy that the Clarkson family lived next door to the Poulton family. Robert Clarkson was soon to marry Ann Poulton and Elizabeth Clarkson was to marry John Poulton.4
Elizabeth Clarkson emigrated on 13 November 1859 from Liverpool, England. SS Fitzjames1
She immigrated on 2 February 1860 to Sydney, New South Wales.1,9
Elizabeth Clarkson died after 1883.10
The whereabouts of any memorial to Elizabeth Clarkson are unknown. Follow this link
for more details.
- [S388] Poulton family entry, Fitzjames, Passenger List, 20 Feb 1860; in (Kingswood: Archives Office of NSW), microfilm roll 2480.
- [S341] Birth Certificate Vol 1860 No 3058, Alice Clarkson Poulton, (30 April 1860), NSW Registry of Births Deaths and Marriages.
- [S1196] Poulton and Ashworth families, Immigration Deposit Journals, (Kingswood NSW: Archives Office of NSW), 11 Jun 1859, Series: 5264; Microfilm, 5264, 9 reels; Reel: 2669
- [S1207] Robert Clarkson, 30 Mar 1851 Census UK, London, Fulwood, Public Record Office, p6.
- [S1208] Robert Clarkson, 6 Jun 1841 Census UK, London, Fulwood, Public Record Office, p5.
- [S458] Death Certificate, Alice Clarkson Bowen, Registry of Births Deaths and Marriages, NSW, Vol 1927 No 22759.
- [S474] Interview with Ena Ruby Murphy (Bourke), by Halvene Therese Kessey, 1983. Fleming Family History Archive (Sydney.)
- [S398] Death Certificate, John Poulton, Registry of Births Deaths and Marriages, NSW, Vol 1884 No 11006.
- [S1108] Immigrants per Fitz-James, Sydney Morning Herald, 23 Feb 1860, p6.
- [S1433] "Story: Showdown at the Blue Bell Inn - by James Michael Fleming", 2020, James Michael Fleming (4 Currawang Street, Cammeray); Fleming Family History Archive, Sydney.
Click on any citation number above to view details of the source document and, possibly, access an image of the source.