b. March 1793
Mary Lahy 1793 -
Mary Lahy was born in March 1793 in Kilkenny.1,2,3,4
She was baptized on 12 March 1793 at St John's in Kilkenny, Ireland.4,5
Mary Lahy immigrated on 30 May 1837 to Sydney, NSW, Australia. SS Margaret3
On 31 December 1837 Mary Lahy lived in Sydney, NSW, Australia. She was assigned to John Jones.10
Involvement in crime
Mary Lahy was tried for on 17 July 1836 in Kilkenny, Ireland. recieving stolen property in house||She was sentenced to transportation for 14 years.3
She was in Windsor, NSW, Australia, on 3 January 1849. accused of an unauthorised absence from her district11
- On 17 July 1836 Mary Lahy was a country servant in Kilkenny.3
- [S449] Death Certificate, Martin Bowen, Registry of Births Deaths and Marriages, NSW, Vol 1891 No 5680.
- [S620] "Research Report: Lahy, Mary on WikiTree by Leeanne Godfrey", 22 Jun 2013, Leeanne Godfrey (http://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Lahy-6.)
- [S645] Mary Lahy entry, SS Margaret, Convict Arrival Indents, 1837; in Convict Records (Kinsgwood: Archives Office of NSW.)
- [S1078] Irish Family History Foundation, Index: Baptism Lahy, Mary, (Irish Family History Foundation, 29 Jun 2019), St John's, Kilkenny, 12 Mar 1793.
- [S1110] "RR: Lahy family origins - Essay by James Michael Fleming", 2019, James Michael Fleming (4 Currawang Street, Cammeray), to self; Fleming Family History Archive, Sydney.
- [S688] Death Certificate, Patrick Tobin, Registry of Births Deaths and Marriages, NSW, Vol 1887 No 8539.
- [S1035] "Story: An unfortunate family - by James Michael Fleming", 2018, James Michael Fleming (4 Currawang Street, Cammeray), to self; Fleming Family History Archive, Sydney.
- [S619] "Resarch Report: Bohan, Martin by Leeanne Godfrey", 22 Jun 2013, Leeanne Godfrey, to James Fleming (Sydney); WikiTree, http://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Bowen-1865.
- [S1112] William Boardley to Mary Lahy, Convict Permission to Marry: 1837 1223 William Boardley to Mary Lahy, (Kingswood: NSW Archives), 23 Dec 1837
- [S646] Mary Lahy, Convict Muster: 1837 Lahy Mary, (Kingswood: NSW Archives), 31 Dec 1837
- [S687] Principal Superintendent of Convicts' Office, Sydney Gazette, by Thomas Ryan, 3 Jan 1849.