b. about 1831, d. 12 February 1881
Elizabeth Taylor was born about 1831 at Clyde in Glasgow.1,2,3,4,5
Angus Fleming and Elizabeth Taylor had marriage banns published on 7 December 1851 at Old Monkland in Glasgow, Lanark, Scotland.6 Angus Fleming and she were married on 7 December 1851 in Old Monkland.7,3,8
Children with Angus Fleming (b. 11 July 1831, d. between 12 February 1881 and 18 July 1884)
- On 30 March 1851 Elizabeth Taylor was a bleachfield worker at Clyde Ironworks in Old Monkland.5
On 6 June 1841 they resided with parent (Charles Taylor, collier) in Old Monkland, Lanarkshire.4 On 30 March 1851 they resided with parent (Charles Taylor, coal miner) in Old Monkland, Lanarkshire. The family of 54-year-old coal miner Alexander Taylor (with a wife and 5 children) lived next door. He may have been Charles' brother or uncle.5 Elizabeth Taylor appeared on the census of on 7 April 1861 in the household of Angus Fleming in Edinburgh, Scotland. The family of five plus one lodger lived in accommodation where only one room had a window.3 She appeared in the census on 2 April 1871 at 39 Dunlop Street Tollcross in the Parish of Shettleston in Glagow.1
Elizabeth Taylor died on 12 February 1881 at 684 Springfield Road in Glasgow. "disease of ?ic?iu?io, melitus"2,9,10
- [S521] Elizabeth Fleming, 2 April 1871 Census UK, Edinburgh, Tollcross, General Register Office, Scotland, 622/03014/000009.
- [S522] Death Certificate, Elizabeth Fleming, General Register Office, Scotland, Edinburgh, Vol 1881 No 160.
- [S548] Angus Fleming, 7 July 1861 Census, Edinburgh, Trinity College Edinburgh, General Register Office, Scotland.
- [S998] Charles Taylor, 6 Jun 1841 Census UK, Edinburgh, Old Monkland, Public Record Office, 652/1/15.
- [S1000] Charles Taylor, 30 Mar 1851 Census UK, Edinburgh, Clyde Ironworks, Public Record Office, 652/1/23.
- [S425] LDS, Banns: Fleming - Taylor, General Register Office, Scotland, New Register House Edinburgh. Hereinafter cited as A18511207.
- [S520] Baptismal Record: Fleming, Angus 1862, Vol 1862, No 811, (1862), General Register Office, Scotland
- [S1008] Ancestry.com, Scotland, Select Marriages, 1561-1910
- [S526] Marriage Certificate, Angus Fleming and Martha Duncan, 18 Jul 1884, General Register Office, Scotland, Edinburgh. 210 at Bridgeton in 1884.
- [S437] Marriage Certificate, Charles Fleming and Margaret Ballantyne, 28 Dec 1877, General Register Office, Scotland, Edinburgh. 34820.