b. 1 January 1883, d. 4 January 1969
James Jolliffe, circa 1909
For a detailed biography of James Jolliffe click here
For more information about the Jolliffe surname click here
James Jolliffe was born on 1 January 1883 in Eugowra.1,2
James Jolliffe and Amy Laura Emily Gardner
were married on 26 September 1909 at St Paul's Church in Quambone. C of E||"The consent of Attwood Charles Gardner, being the father of the bride, was given in writing to the Marriage." He was a Bachelor Labourer of Cowra; she a Spinster Domestic Servant of Quambone. The groom's father was a Farmer and the bride's father a Labourer1,3
James Jolliffe lived with Amy Laura Emily Gardner
in October 1909 in Cowra, NSW, Australia. Amy's obituary records that they went to live at "Norwick", Cowra after they were married.3
- On 31 January 1929 James Jolliffe was a contractor.4
James Jolliffe died on 4 January 1969 at age 86 in Windang.2
He was buried on 6 January 1969 in Canowindra.5
There is a memorial to James Jolliffe at Canowindra Cemetery in Canowindra. To see details of the memorial click here
- [S287] Marriage Certificate, James Jolliffe and Amy Laura Emily Gardner, 6 October 1909, Registry of Births Deaths and Marriages, NSW. 1909/10996 (183.)
- [S298] James Jolliffe, Cowra Guardian, 10 January 1969, Page 3, Col 2.
- [S297] Amy Laura Emily Jolliffe nee Gardner, The Canowindra Star, 2 October 1952, 2nd last column.
- [S289] Marriage Certificate, Reginald Angus Fleming and Stella Jolliffe, 31 January 1929, Registry of Births Deaths and Marriages, NSW. 1929/C235966.
- [S298] James Jolliffe, Cowra Guardian, 10 January 1969.
Click on any citation number above to view details of the source document and, possibly, access an image of the source.